2022-2023 Approved Compensation Plan
The School Board unanimously approved the 2022-2023 Compensation Plan with teacher retention and recruitment in mind. The plan includes a $4 million increase to the compensation budget from previous year including raises, market adjustments, stipend increases and one-time incentive checks for educators.
In addition, all Royse City ISD teachers will get a $2,000 check on August 10, 2022 to start the school year. All other staff will get a $1,000 check the same day. Conservative budgeting and enrollment growth resulting in increased “one-time” funds from the fast growth allotment help allow for these payroll expenditures.
- $4 million increase to compensation budget from previous year including raises, market adjustments and signing bonuses for educators
- Starting teacher salary increases to $54,300, or a $1,600 increase
- $1,700 pay raise for for all returning teachers with 1-5 years of experience
- $2,000 pay raise for all returning teachers with 6 or more years of experience
- $2,000 check for all teachers on August 10, 2022
- $1,000 check for all other staff on August 10, 2022
- 3% raise from mid-point raise for non-teaching employees
- $2.50/hour increase in pay for special needs paraprofessionals
- $500 increase to stipends for Math, Physics and Chemistry
- $500 increase to LOTE stipend (Language Other Than English)
- $1,000 increase to Special Needs Stipends