Eligibility for Enrollment in Royse City ISD
To be eligible for enrollment, a student must live with parent/legal guardian within the district boundaries or the student does not reside in the school district but a parent of the student resides in the school district and that parent is a joint managing conservator or the sole managing conservator or possessory conservator of the person. Proof of residency is required.
Students must be 5 years of age or older on or before September 1 of the school year to enroll in our full day kindergarten program.
To be eligible for enrollment in a PK class, a child must be 4 years of age on September 1 of the current school year and must:
- be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP) ; or
- be homeless ; or
- be the childof an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- be the childof a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- have ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
Home under construction in Royse City ISD boundaries
You can request a Home Under Construction Waiver Application at your child's campus.
Student under the age of 18 and living separate and apart from parent/guardian
- Notarized Residency Power of Attorney (POA) Affidavit – Granting and Receiving
- Receiving POA resident must meet residency requirements and provide proof of residency
- Receiving POA resident will be liable for presenting any false documents
- Receiving POA resident will be responsible for making decisions on student’s behalf and will be responsible for any fines, attendance or discipline problems of student
- Grantor or Receiver of the POA will be responsible for revoking POA in writing (if during the school year)
Living with a Host Family (entire family living with resident of the district)
- Notarized Host Family Affidavit must be completed by the host RCISD resident
- Host resident must meet residency requirements and provide proof of residency
- Host resident will be liable for presenting any false documents
- Host resident will be responsible for revoking in writing when they are no longer a host family (if during the school year)
Grandparent Affidavit of After-School Care – Grandparent must provide a substantial amount of before/after school care
- Notarized Grandparent Affidavit of After-School Care
- Grandparent must meet residency requirements and provide proof of residency
Out of District Transfer Student
RCISD accepts a limited number of tuition based students based on the RCISD transfer Policy.
- Completed Transfer Application
- Approval from the Campus Principal
- Approval from the Superintendent or Designee
- Signed Transfer Agreement
- For tuition based transfer, tuition for each semester must be paid before the first day of the semester
- Transfer Information Webpage
- Students certified as homeless under the McKinney-Vento Act under are eligible for enrollment in the district in which they are residing or the school of origin. To receive more information, please contact the campus counselor or Kenny Kaye Hudson, RCISD’s Homeless Liaison.
**ALL AFFIDAVITS AND AGREEMENTS MUST BE RENEWED EACH SCHOOL YEAR AND CAN BE NOTARIZED ON THE CAMPUS THAT THE STUDENT WILL ATTEND**