Through the Federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief funding, Royse City ISD will respond to the academic, social-emotional, health and safety needs of our students. Our goal is to provide intervention for all students as we move to target learning loss and accelerate academic growth. Additionally, we have launched our Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Service Plan.
ACADEMIC SUPPORT & SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING
- Added Learning Recovery Teachers for eight campuses to address learning loss among all students, including students with disabilities, emergent bilinguals, students experiencing homelessness and children in foster care. One at each elementary school and one at each middle school. These certified teachers will provide specialized training and evidence-based instruction in reading, English, mathematics and writing to students who are struggling academically. Staff will also provide accommodations as indicated in IEPs, IAPs and LPAC documents. These positions are ESSER funded for two years. ($440,000 Investment, 2-Year Plan)
- Added three retired teachers to support the three lowest performing campuses to work for 18 hours per week. ($100,000 Investment, 1-Year Plan)
- Increased pay for summer school teachers from $25/hour to $35/hour. ($25,000 Investment, 1-Year Plan)
- Added three Student Support Specialists at elementary campuses. These certified teachers will support campus-based Response to Intervention through development of and consultation with general and special educators and implementation of student interventions and coordination of RTI practices, data collection and data review. Also serving as Testing Coordinator, this frees up counseling staff for enhanced Social Emotional Learning Support for students. While funded through ESSER in Year 1, these positions will continue beyond through M&O budgeting. ($200,000 Investment, 1-Year Plan)
- Instructional & Behavioral Coaches ($140,000 Investment, 1-Year Plan then to be funded locally)
- HB4545 ($420,000 Investment, 1-Year Plan)
- Additional personnel for evaluations
- Additional pay for summer school teachers
TECHNOLOGY & INFRASTRUCTURE
- Read 180 Software for Royse City High School and middle school campuses ($50,000 Investment, 1-Year Plan)
- Added Network Engineer and Infrastructure Needs ($1,577,990 Investment, 1-Year Plan)
- Added Security Personnel at schools
- Additional supplies for security personnel
DO YOU HAVE FEEDBACK ON OUR PLAN?
Email email@example.com with your feedback.
Click here to view portions of the ARP ESSER III Federal Grant Application for Royse City ISD.
May 17, 2021 Board Meeting Public Hearing
December 13, 2021 Board Meeting Public Hearing
June 20, 2022 Board Meeting Public Hearing